Monday, June 22, 2009

Is Ghostbusters the Greatest Comedy?

I thought this post at Obsessed With Film was good enough to repeat the link, check this out: 50 Reasons Why Ghostbusters just might be the greatest movie of all time and maybe one reason why it isn't I wouldn't go as far in my accolades but it is a very funny spoof of science-fiction films and religions, directed by Ivan Reitman, and starring Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, and Sigourney Weaver - but this is Bill Murray's attitude and film all the way. "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!" "He slimed me!" "It's a free-form, autonomous, floating vaporous apparition." "I've worked in the private sector, they expect results!" "Ok, so she's a dog." "Normally you don't get that type of behavior out of a major appliance." "Real old testament wrath of God type stuff.." "Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds." "Man, that's one big twinkie." "I'm studying the the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability." "The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is, it's pissing me off!"

No comments: